Energy Performance Certificates

All buildings in the private rented sector require an EPC. This certificate will remain valid for ten years.

Landlords are required by law to obtain and make available a copy of the EPC, free of charge, to prospective tenants at the earliest opportunity and must provide the person who takes up the tenancy with a copy.

Whelans can organise an EPC from an approved assessor.